Sunday, May 5, 2019
Bermuda Heroes Weekend Event Lineup
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
This summer, travelling to Bermuda is even easier with additional non-stop daily service from the east coast cities and taking advantage of free nights from participating hotels to dive into the lively island cultural celebrations, sailing excursions and ecoadventures Bermuda has to offer. Discover what’s happening in Bermuda this summer.
Free Nights Promotion
Bermuda Summer Fridays are back! Extend your weekend this summer with “Free Nights” offers at some of the island’s best hotels starting at $190. (Booking window: April 30-July 30, 2019; Travel window: April 30-August 29). Participating hotels include:
- Hamilton Princess & Beach Club
- Rosedon Hotel
- Fairmont Southampton
- Newstead Belmont Hills
- Rosewood Bermuda
- Coco Reef Resort
- Royal Palms Hotel
- The Reefs
- Elbow Beach
Airbnb Experiences in Bermuda in Partnership with Bermuda Tourism Authority
In March, Airbnb and the Bermuda Tourism Authority officially launched Airbnb Experiences for the country, offering visitors an array of immersive experiences. Each experience is hosted by locals looking to share their passions and interests with people from all over the world. More than 15 Bermuda Experiences are currently featured on Airbnb, a result of the collaborative effort by Airbnb and the Bermuda Tourism Authority, with more expected to be added in the weeks and months to come. Experiences can be booked by any visitor to the island (not just Airbnb guests). Get a first-hand taste of Bermuda, eat and drink your way through Hamilton on a one-mile food tour that highlights historic sites along the way; or embark on a unique photography journey, complete with an expert guide offering photography tips as they snap photos and explore the Bermuda Botanical Gardens in Paget. Visit Airbnb Experiences to learn more.
Check out Bermuda’s New Eco-Friendly Artwork (One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure)
Bermudian photographer Meredith Andrews has created a mural at Bermuda’s new Visitor Services Centre in Hamilton, which opened in April. The artwork was commissioned by the Bermuda Tourism Authority and uses plastic waste found on the island’s shoreline, emphasizing the importance of keeping Bermuda’s waters clean. See it here. The Andrews mural is the first of what will become a rotation of Bermuda-inspired visual displays in the Visitor Services Centre. The public can view it on the ground level of the Hamilton Visitor Services Centre at 10 Front Street, open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm daily (open until 8pm during Hamilton’s Harbour Nights).
New Electric Car Rental Options
The fully electric Renault Twizy (a two-seat, tandem-style microcar with a range of 55+ miles per charge) by Current Vehicles has been a popular way to get around Bermuda with style and ease in recent years. Now, visitors have more options in this eco-friendly mode of transportation.
- Bermi – Localmotion’s Bermis are kitted out with air conditioning, blue tooth for smartphone and a panoramic roof for taking in all the island views. Fully electric, it allows drivers to travel quickly, quietly and swiftly, with a range of 160Km with lithium battery, easily recharged through any 110V socket. $140 per day. www.localmotionbda.com
- Tazzari – This two-passenger electric car can be rented from Oleander Cycles for $150 per day. It fits two passengers, sitting side by side, and has windows and air conditioning. www.oleandercycles.bm
Seasonal Service from United and American Airlines Returns
United Airlines resumed its daily nonstop flight service to Bermuda from Newark International Airport six weeks earlier than in 2018, beginning on April 29, 2019 and continuing through Aug. 19. American Airlines will also offer nonstop daily service June through August this summer from Charlotte and Washington, D.C. American Airlines also introduced daily service from Philadelphia, which commenced on April 2.
Rosedon Hotel and Huckleberry Restaurant Become Bermuda’s Only Relais & Châteaux Hotel
The Rosedon Hotel and Huckleberry Restaurant re-opened after a month-long closure for upgrades and renovations, with owners Scott Kitson and Lee Petty announcing that the historic property had been accepted into the prestigious Relais & Châteaux group. Relais & Châteaux is a global fellowship of individually owned and operated luxury hotels and restaurants, comprised of over 550 luxury, hand-picked spots.
The New Bermuda Triangle
Bermuda is joining forces with two other world-class destinations this summer to introduce travelers to a new Bermuda Triangle of sailing, luxury and lifestyle. The Bermuda Tourism Authority, NYC & Company and Discover Newport have developed a joint destination marketing collaboration. Premier sailing events in each destination will entice sailors, superyachts and socialites alike to destination hop along the Eastern seaboard this summer.
Did You Know? Glow Worm Cruises in Bermuda
Never mind the 4th of July – see some natural fireworks this summer. Evening glow worm tours in Bermuda let you view a rare, bioluminescent mating spectacle on the water’s surface. From a glass-bottom boat you’ll see a dream-like, bright green glow in the water. It’s an only-in-Bermuda summer light show.
Summer in Bermuda is filled with unique festivals, celebrations and events.
- Dance to the Gombey Beat at Harbour Nights: Come and celebrate all that Bermuda has to offer right on Front Street as the sun sets on Hamilton Harbour. From 7-10 pm every Wednesday through Sept. 4, Front Street (the City of Hamilton’s main drag) is closed off to traffic so that locals and visitors can enjoy al fresco dining, check out the wares of local artisans, dance along to Bermuda Gombeys and more.
- Bermuda Day Parade: Summer officially kicks off in style on Friday, May 24. Bermuda Day is an island-wide celebration highlighted by the vibrant and cultural Bermuda Day Parade that winds through the streets of the City of Hamilton.
- National Rosé Day – Celebrate summer at the Bermuda Botanical Gardens on June 8. The lush environs will be transformed into a sea of beautiful people dressed in Pink and White. While DJs spin beats, guests will sample a vast selection of Rosé wines and Rosé-inspired cocktails and explore Bermuda’s best at the Local Vendor Village.
- 5th Anniversary of Heroes Weekend: From June 14-17, experience the best carnival-style celebration to ever grace the pink sands of Bermuda. Daily events include food, music, a parade of bands, boat rides, breakfast parties and “Pan in the Park” with international Steel Pan musicians. Be sure not to miss the signature BHW Raft Up – it’s a party that floats, with revelers heading to the Great Sound near Morgan’s Point with their flotation devices of choice, prepared to soak up the sun.
- Marion to Bermuda Race: Sailors encounter blue water thrills as they sail from Buzzard’s Bay in Marion, Massachusetts to St. David’s Head in Bermuda, arriving their final destination on June 14. The 645 nautical-mile journey features more than 100 yachts taking on rough open ocean for chance at glory.
Monday, April 29, 2019
Bermuda Rowers Set for World Challenge
Monday, April 29, 2019
Mural on display at visitors centre
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Photo Set #3: World Triathlon Bermuda Races
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Considering a simpler life, Bermuda style
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Video: ‘Greetings From Bermuda’ Art Mural
Friday, April 26, 2019
On your marks ... Duffy launches WTS Bermuda
Friday, April 26, 2019
Spirit of Bermuda to face competition
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Bake From Scratch checks out Bermuda