Bermuda Tourism Ambassadors
The programme strives to enhance the visitor experience, increase community economic impact, and build a positive destination image.
Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ (CTA) will be able to deliver consistent messages about Bermuda and enhance their capabilities to:
- Listen effectively to visitor inquiries and respond courteously and professionally
- Know a great deal about Bermuda– its attributes, features and attractions
- Answer the majority of visitor questions (or refer them to those who can)
- Gain an understanding and align themselves to the country’s tourism plan from 2019 through till 2025
Ambassadors will be kept informed throughout the year on important developments affecting our industry, and on new attractions being planned.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of the ‘Introduction to National Tourism Plan’ course
- This training introduces you to the country’s roadmap to success for a balanced and growing tourism industry through 2019-2025. The course will focus on the plan’s seven pillars represented in the acronym, AGILITY: Awareness & Relevance, Greener, Infrastructure, Local Involvement, Innovation, Teams & Groups, Year-Round.
- Session is 1.5 hours in length and is taken during the first part of the CTA course
- Complete required reading - be sure to pick up your course material at the BTA office at the communicated dates and times
- Attend certification course – 5.5 hours in length
- Complete open-book exam - Including Introduction to the National Tourism Plan and CTA course material
Upon successful completion, participants will earn their Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ designation and receive a CTA certificate, ID card and lapel pin.
To register, visit CTA Network
Course Fee: $49 which includes; class fee, pre-read materials, CTA pin**, Certificate**, ID**
An annual renewal process of certification is also necessary to maintain your certification.
Renewal fee: $25 Early Renewal period: September 1 - October 31; $35 Renewal period: November 1 - December 31 each year
**Upon successful completion of the CTA programme
All of the details you will need to complete your annual renewal can be found here.
Visit CTA Network to renew.
Want to host a CTA class for a group or organisation
If you would like to host a CTA class for a group, please read and fill out our request form. We will be in contact with you shortly with more information.
CTA Incentives 2020
For a list of discounts and freebies available to CTA’s please click here.