Bermuda Tourism Ambassadors
The programme strives to enhance the visitor experience, increase community economic impact, and build a positive destination image.
Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ (CTA) will be able to deliver consistent messages about Bermuda and enhance their capabilities to:
- Listen effectively to visitor inquiries and respond courteously and professionally
- Know a great deal about Bermuda– its attributes, features and attractions
- Answer the majority of visitor questions (or refer them to those who can)
Ambassadors will be kept informed throughout the year on important developments affecting our industry, and on new attractions being planned.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of Blue Flag 101*
- This course focuses on the historical and economic development of Bermuda. In addition, Bermuda cultural customs, flora and fauna, and places of interest are also covered.
- Sessions can be held in the first half of a full day CTA course (8hrs)
- Complete required reading
- Attend certification course - one half day session
- Complete learning assignment
- Complete open-book exam
*Participants who have previously completed the Blue Flag programme will have already met this portion of the requirement.
Upon successful completion, participants will earn their Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin.
To register, visit CTA NETWORK
Course Fee: $49 which includes; class fee, pre-read materials, CTA pin**, Certificate**, ID**
An annual renewal process of certification is also necessary to maintain your certification.
Renewal fee: $25 Early Renewal period: September 1 - October 31
$35 Renewal period: November 1 - December 31 each year
**Upon successful completion of the CTA programme
Want to host a CTA class for a group or organisation
If you would like host a CTA class for a group, please read and fill out our request form. We will be in contact with you shorty with more information.
CTA Incentives 2018
For a list of discounts and freebies available to CTA’s please click here.