Stamp of Approval
THE WORLD TRAVEL & TOURISM COUNCIL (WTTC) SAFE TRAVELS PROGRAMME
Bermuda has earned a global stamp of approval for its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and the high level of health-and-safety protocols across its tourism industry. The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has designated Bermuda a “Safe Travels” destination, under a programme that recognises governments, destinations and companies that have adopted health and hygiene standards meeting protocols recommended by the World Health Organisation and the Centers for Disease Control. The designation follows an application to the WTTC by the Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) and allows Bermuda the privilege of using the council’s Safe Travels stamp—a globally recognised seal.
The WTTC programme empowers the BTA to issue the Safe Travels stamp to local businesses that meet the highest COVID-19 public-health standards. Any tourism-related business properly protecting its customers by adhering to national protocols can earn the stamp and display it—telling the world their business is safe.
About the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels Programme
Local tourism industry businesses have the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to global health and cleanliness standards by applying to the BTA for the designation of “Safe Travels-Approved.” This specially designed stamp will allow Bermuda residents, visitors and other travel and tourism stakeholders to recognise destination authorities and companies around the world that have implemented health and hygiene protocols aligned with the WTTC Safe Travels programme.
**The Safe Travels stamp is based on self-assessment and is not a certification. Countries, destination authorities and companies using the stamp have confirmed they have implemented, and will ensure ongoing compliance with Safe Travels protocols**
- Tourism industry businesses should review this guide to ensure they align with expected global protocols for their respective sectors
- Businesses can apply at no cost by selecting the tourism sector form most relevant to their business
- A BTA officer will review your responses and either reach out by email for more information, or process your application for approval
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an approval email from [email protected] with a zip file of your business’s Safe Travels Logo Package and instructions on how to pick up your free window decals
- Your Safe Travels approval will display on your business profile on our GoToBermuda.com visitor page. If you do not already have a business profile on our page, please click here to complete the form
- This process can take between seven to 10 business days. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
- Apply Online Here