Bermuda Tourism Ambassadors
The programme strives to enhance the visitor experience, increase community economic impact, and build a positive destination image.
Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ (CTA) will be able to deliver consistent messages about Bermuda and enhance their capabilities to:
- Listen effectively to visitor inquiries and respond courteously and professionally
- Know a great deal about Bermuda– its attributes, features and attractions
- Answer the majority of visitor questions (or refer them to those who can)
Ambassadors will be kept informed throughout the year on important developments affecting our industry, and on new attractions being planned.
- Pre-Requisite: Blue Flag 101
- This course focuses on the historical and economic development of Bermuda. In addition, Bermuda cultural customs, flora and fauna, and places of interest are also covered.
- Sessions can be held in the first half of a full day CTA course (8hrs)
Upon completion of this course, which includes a written test, participants will be cleared to proceed to the next level. **Note – participants who have previously completed the Blue Flag programme will have already met this pre-requisite requirement.
- Complete required reading
- Attend certification course
- Complete learning assignment
- Complete open-book exam
Upon successful completion, participants will earn their Certified Tourism Ambassador TM designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin. An annual renewal process of certification is also necessary to maintain your certification.
The curriculum is delivered during one half day session through reading assignments and in-class participation.
Module 1 – Power of Travel & Tourism
Module 2 – Discovering our Island
Module 3 – Knowing, Finding & Using Resources
Module 4 – Exceeding Customer Expectations
Upon successful completion of the open-book examination at the conclusion of this session, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ (CTA) designation!
To register, visit CTA NETWORK
Course Fee: $49 which includes; class fee, pre-read materials, CTA pin*, Certificate*, ID*
*Upon successful completion of the CTA programme
Renewal fee: $30 | Renewal period: October 1 – December 31 each year
Want to host a CTA class for a group or organisation
If you would like host a CTA class for a group, please read and fill out our request form. We will be in contact with you shorty with more information.
Meet our current CTA stars
Click here to view a list of our current CTA’s for 2018
Congratulations to our newly certified CTA’s! Click here for list of recent inductees.
Don’t see your name on the list? Contact us at [email protected] or 296-9200
There are currently no CTA volunteer opportunities at this time. Check back again to see the latest information.